You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Trump Vows to Make E-15 Gasoline Available Year-Round
Industry Segment: Alternative Fuel | Word Count: 851 Words
SUGAR LAND--October 11, 2018--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--In a blow to refiners, President Donald Trump told a political rally in Iowa earlier this week that he has instructed the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to begin allowing year-round sales of E-15, which is gasoline blended with 15% ethanol. Most gasoline available in the U.S. is blended with 10% or less ethanol, and sales of E-15 are not allowed in the U.S. over the summer months due to an increase in air pollutants such as ozone. In addition, some automobile manufacturers warn that their vehicles may not be compatible with E-15, and warranties will not cover E-15-related damage. Industrial Info is tracking more than 300 active ethanol-related projects in the U.S. The Midwest, home to the Corn Belt, has the highest amount of ethanol project activity in terms of value, thanks to high maintenance activity at existing production facilities, followed by the West Coast.
Within this article: Details of ethanol production projects in the U.S.
Companies featured: Valero Energy Corporation (NYSE:VLO)
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- WoodMac: LNG Market Faces First Global Demand Slump Since 2012
- Ansell Ringers to Present Industrial Hand Safety 101 Webinar
- Biodiesel Development Thrives in Brazil, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Brazilian Corn Ethanol Sector Maintains Long-term Plans Despite COVID-19, a...
- ECB Group to Build Renewable Biofuel Plant in Paraguay, an Industrial Info ...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker