You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Trump Vows to Make E-15 Gasoline Available Year-Round
Industry Segment: Alternative Fuel | Word Count: 851 Words
SUGAR LAND--October 11, 2018--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--In a blow to refiners, President Donald Trump told a political rally in Iowa earlier this week that he has instructed the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to begin allowing year-round sales of E-15, which is gasoline blended with 15% ethanol. Most gasoline available in the U.S. is blended with 10% or less ethanol, and sales of E-15 are not allowed in the U.S. over the summer months due to an increase in air pollutants such as ozone. In addition, some automobile manufacturers warn that their vehicles may not be compatible with E-15, and warranties will not cover E-15-related damage. Industrial Info is tracking more than 300 active ethanol-related projects in the U.S. The Midwest, home to the Corn Belt, has the highest amount of ethanol project activity in terms of value, thanks to high maintenance activity at existing production facilities, followed by the West Coast.
Within this article: Details of ethanol production projects in the U.S.
Companies featured: Valero Energy Corporation (NYSE:VLO)
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- April North American Project Spending Index Up 19% Year-On-Year
- Industrial Info's Project Database Grows by More Than 100,000 Active Projec...
- China Turns to Coal for Ethanol Production with Project in Shaanxi Province...
- Indonesia's PT PLN Told to Use Palm Oil-Based Biodiesel for Power Plants, a...
- China to Establish National Monitoring Platform for Rapid Biogas Developmen...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker