You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Battery Storage Power Projects Becoming Big Business in the U.S.
Industry Segment: Power | Word Count: 735 Words
SUGAR LAND--October 12, 2018--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--It should come as no surprise that Duke Energy Corporation (NYSE:DUK) (Charlotte, North Carolina) recently announced that it would invest $500 million over the next 15 years in battery storage projects in the Carolinas. Brock Ramey, power specialist at Industrial Info, says, "Battery storage projects are becoming increasingly prevalent in the U.S., especially as intermittent renewables such as solar become a bigger part of the power load and microgrid and unit additions in industrial sectors continue to be a leading trend." Industrial Info is tracking more than $5.2 billion in active battery storage projects in the U.S. California, a leading state for solar power generation, leads in terms of planned project activity.
Within this article: Details of battery energy storage projects across the U.S.
Other companies featured: Sempra Energy (NYSE:SRE), PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG)
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- BP Sees Bright Future for Natural Gas, Driven by Growing LNG Trade
- Wind, Natural Gas Lead Alliant Energy's $3.6 Billion in Projects
- Enel plans to Double Wind and Solar Installed Base in the Americas by 2021,...
- China Launches Action Plan to Improve Utilization of Renewable, Nuclear Ene...
- Nuclear Power Development Underway in Finland, an Industrial Info Market Br...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker