You are Trying to View a Free ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Biotechnology Manufacturing Trends, an Industrial Info Market Brief
Industry Segment: Pharmaceutical & Biotech | Word Count: 147 Words
The biotech manufacturing industry is realizing three overarching trends: evaluation of single-use systems; continuous manufacturing; and increased collection and analysis of data and the use of artificial intelligence.
Benefits of single-use systems include: 1) cost reduction-no sterilization, maintenance of bioreactors, cleaning; 2) increased productivity: 3) easy disposal; 4) less water usage; 5) time savings; and 6) reduced risk of cross-contamination.
Benefits of continuous manufacturing include: 1) processing times are decreased, unnecessary steps are eliminated, and the entire process is streamlined from start to finish (no more stops and starts); 2) Less physical footprint; 3) lower cost of goods; and 4) less risk for contamination.
Finally, as the world becomes highly automated, the biotech industry is increasing usage of high-tech automation and artificial intelligence to complement and control the manufacturing process. This trend will only become more pronounced in the coming. Think of it as Biotech Manufacturing 4.0.
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- North American Project Spending Index Up Nearly 25% in December
- Be Sure to RSVP for Industrial Info's Market Outlook & Networking Event in ...
- Single-Use Systems Take Center Stage in U.S. Bio-Pharmaceutical Manufacturi...
- An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure as Pharma-Bio Industry Inve...
- Biosimilars Still Not Drug of Choice in U.S., an Industrial Info Market Bri...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker