You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
FirstEnergy Turns to $3 Billion in T&D Projects as it Prepares to Close Nuclear Plants
Industry Segment: Power | Word Count: 553 Words
Attachment: FirstEnergy 4Q18
SUGAR LAND--February 21, 2019--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--FirstEnergy Corporation (NYSE:FE) (Akron, Ohio) recently capped off what one executive called "perhaps the most pivotal year" in its history with stronger revenues and profits, as it ditches the competitive power business to become a fully regulated company. Amid its announced closures of a string of nuclear-power plants, the company's regulated transmission and distribution businesses reported higher deliveries, partly due to weather conditions. Industrial Info is tracking nearly $3 billion in active projects involving FirstEnergy, nearly 90% of which is attributed to work in Ohio and Pennsylvania.
Within this article: Details on some of the highest-valued projects from FirstEnergy, including the closures of major nuclear-power plants and a series of transmission-line upgrades.
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- NextDecade, Enbridge, U.S. Crude Supplies: Your Daily Energy News
- EIA: Natural Gas, Wind to be Fastest Growing Sources of U.S. Generation
- Duke Energy Ratchets Up Carbon Reduction Plan
- Heavy Industry Giants Back Norway's Biggest Carbon Capture Project
- China's Power Output Grows 1.7% in August, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker