You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
BP: Renewables to Displace Coal as World's Largest Source of Electric Generation by 2040
Industry Segment: Power | Word Count: 667 Words
Attachment: BP-region, BP-fuelinpower, BP-share, BP-transition
SUGAR LAND--March 26, 2019--Written by John Egan for Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--Renewable energy (excluding hydroelectric generation) is expected to be the fastest-growing type of electric generation through 2040, according to the recently released long-term Energy Outlook from BP plc (NYSE:BP) (London, England). BP expects renewable-generated energy to double or even triple its current share of the global electricity market, displacing coal to become the largest single source of electric generation by the late-2030s.
Within this article: How BP sees the global renewable-energy market evolving over the coming years, including projections for CO2 emissions.
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- April 27 COVID-19 Impact Report: Outages, Derates, Shutdowns and More
- April 24 COVID-19 Latin American Impact Report
- Sempra Energy, U.S. Oil Rig Count: Your Daily Energy News
- Join AVEVA for a Webinar on Enabling the 'New Norm' for Engineering Project...
- Join Industrial Info for a Webinar on the Impact of COVID-19 on Plant Spend...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker