You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Biomass Fuels More than $2 Billion in U.S. Projects, Despite Flattening Market
Industry Segment: Power | Word Count: 669 Words
Attachment: US biomass 0419
SUGAR LAND--April 15, 2019--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--Renewable energy is enjoying broad support across the U.S., but enthusiasm for biomass seems to be waning. Expansions in biomass and waste-fired generation have ground to a halt, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA). After growing from 2004 through 2014, when it hit peak generation of 71.7 million megawatt-hours (MWh), U.S. biomass-fired capacity in 2018 was 2% below 2014 levels. Nonetheless, Industrial Info is tracking nearly $2.2 billion in active biomass-fueled projects across the U.S., nearly $1 billion of which is attributed to projects under construction.
Within this article: Details on some of the highest-valued biomass projects under construction across the U.S., including those from companies such as Georgia Renewable Power LLC, Red Rock Biofuels LLC, Georgia-Pacific LLC and Koch Industries Incorporated.
Other companies featured: Weyerhauser (NYSE:WY)
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Industrial Info Predicts U.S. Skilled Craft Labor Demand to Grow Substantia...
- Solar Power Investment Grows in Middle East, an Industrial Info Market Brie...
- Crop Straw Makes China's Biomass Energy Potential High, an Industrial Info ...
- China's Jiangsu Province Beefs Up Renewable-Energy Capacity in 2019, an Ind...
- China's Power Output Rises 3.5% in 2019, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker