You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Price Crash Raises New Doubts About Planned North American Lithium Mines
Industry Segment: Metals & Minerals | Word Count: 634 Words
Attachment: lithium2, lithium3, lithium1, lithium4
SUGAR LAND, TEXAS--May 30, 2019--Written by John Egan for Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--A projected global surge in demand for lithium - a necessary element for electric vehicles, cellphones and battery energy storage systems - drove prices for the mineral sharply higher in recent years, but they crashed last year following a downbeat projection from Morgan Stanley, which said lithium mines in Chile and elsewhere that were ready to begin operating would flood the market with supply, pushing projected prices down for several years.
Within this article: Status of the lithium mining industry. Other companies featured: BP Plc (NYSE:BP)
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Europe's First Giant Battery Plant Gets Funding
- India's Aluminum Producers See Opportunity in Anti-Plastic Laws, an Industr...
- Malaysia's Cement Sector Remains Depressed, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Indonesia Orders Foreign Miners to Divest, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- India to Invest More Than $1 Billion in Glass Projects, an Industrial Info ...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker