You are Trying to View a Free ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Mexico's Secretariat of Energy Report Slams Peņa Nieto-Era Reforms, an Industrial Info Market Brief
Industry Segment: Market Brief | Word Count: 146 Words
In a new report, Mexico's Secretariat of Energy has criticized the national energy reforms under former President Peņa Nieto. The annual National Electricity System Development Program report encompasses the country's five-year power generation and transmission & distribution (T&D) planning guidelines. It is the first one published since President Lopez Obrador took office. The new report, published on May 31, takes aim at the reform program's impact on the federal public utility, Comision Federal de Electricidad (CFE).
The reforms were intended to open up Mexico's electricity market to more private sector participation, but the new report said they placed the CFE at a financial disadvantage.
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Coal Remains Strong in Eastern Europe, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Baked, Frozen Foods Lead U.S., Canadian Food & Beverage Activity, an Indust...
- Global Oil & Gas Drill Bits Market to See 6.8% Growth Rate, an Industrial I...
- Middle East Has Strong Plastic Products Sector, an Industrial Info Market B...
- Chinese Cement Maker Invests in Indonesia, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker