You are Trying to View a Free ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Cyclone Vayu Puts Offshore Operations in Arabian Sea on Alert, an Industrial Info Market Brief
Industry Segment: Market Brief | Word Count: 138 Words
Offshore Arabian Sea Oil & Gas installations to the west of India were put on full alert with the approach of Cyclone Vayu, which was packing sustained winds of 83 to 90 miles per hour on Thursday, according to news media reports. Vayu had changed its course and was not expected to hit India's Gujurat coast. However, strong winds and rough seas were expected to persist and could cause damage.
Personnel in offshore facilities were not moved, but helicopter operations to and from wellheads had stopped. Offshore operations were largely unaffected, but disaster management plans were in place in Gujarat, with the establishment of emergency control rooms in Mumbai and Hazira to monitor the situation.
Industrial Info is tracking 161 offshore facilities in the region.
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Polyethylene, Ethylene Glycol Project Kicks Off in China, an Industrial Inf...
- Iran Leads Central Asia in Chemical Investment, an Industrial Info Market B...
- Kuwait Sees $6 Billion in Oil & Gas Projects Under Construction, an Industr...
- Indonesia Orders Foreign Miners to Divest, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Malaysia's Cement Sector Remains Depressed, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker