You are Trying to View a Free ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Malaysia's Cement Sector Remains Depressed, an Industrial Info Market Brief
Industry Segment: Market Brief | Word Count: 84 Words
Attachment: Malaysia Cement 06212019
Cement manufacturers in Malaysia are facing challenges, as oversupply and low demand are subduing cement prices, delaying planned projects. The Cement & Concrete Association of Malaysia is requesting the government for a price hike in cement, a regulated commodity in the country, due to higher operating and fuel costs. Malaysia's infrastructure projects also adversely impacted the cement sector, as expected market demand for cement fluctuated downward due to delayed construction schedules.
See graph below for Malaysia's cement project spending by type.
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- South Asia Plans to Invest Billions in Chemical Processing Industry, an Ind...
- Tanzania to See $3.4 Billion of Mining Investments Kick Off in 2021, an Ind...
- South Korea's POSCO to Close Blast Furnace 1 of Pohang Plant, an Industrial...
- Shandong Province Leads China in Adhesives Project Spending, an Industrial ...
- Germany Invests in Wind Power, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker