You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Sunshine State, Indeed: Florida's $3 Billion-Plus in Solar Projects Put it Atop Sector
Industry Segment: Power | Word Count: 611 Words
Attachment: Florida Solar 0719
SUGAR LAND--July 3, 2019--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--Florida is living up to its nickname: the Sunshine State. Wood Mackenzie and the Solar Energy Industries Association expect Florida to be the top U.S. state for utility-scale solar photovoltaic (PV) projects over the next six years, putting it at the forefront of a national trend that is defying the Trump administration's support for fossil fuels and tariffs. Solar installations nationwide in 2019 are expected to be up 25% from 2018, totaling 13.3 gigawatts (GW). Industrial Info is tracking more than $3 billion in active solar projects in Florida, about $1.8 billion of which is attributed to work from Florida Power & Light (FPL), a subsidiary of NextEra Energy Incorporated (NYSE:NEE) (Juno Beach, Florida).
Within this article: Details on some of the major solar-energy projects under development in Florida, including those from leading companies such as FPL and Duke Energy (NYSE:DUK).
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- PSEG, Coal-to-Liquids: Your Daily Energy News
- General Electric, Delfin LNG, U.S. Oil Rig Count: Your Daily Energy News
- Ag Processing Incorporated Leads in U.S., Canada Soybean Projects, an Indus...
- Mexico's Energy Secretary Identifies 59 Transmission & Distribution Project...
- China's Wangkui County Bolsters Wind-Energy Projects, an Industrial Info Ma...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker