You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Oxy CFO Takes Conference Attendees Behind the Curtain on Anadarko Deal
Industry Segment: Production | Word Count: 763 Words
Attachment: Oxy's Improving Production
SUGAR LAND, TEXAS--August 14, 2019--Written by John Egan for Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--There's an old saying in the Oil & Gas industry: You can drill for oil in the field or on Wall Street. On Monday, Cedrick Burgher, chief financial officer at Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:OXY) (Oxy) (Houston, Texas), told about 2,000 industry participants at a conference in Denver, Colorado, how his company acquired 10 billion barrels of oil equivalent (boe) for about $2 per barrel when it acquired Anadarko Petroleum Corporation (Houston). In its 23-month pursuit of Anadarko, which closed on August 8, Oxy topped offers from Chevron Corporation (NYSE:CVX) (San Ramon, California). The transaction was valued at $55 billion including assumption of Anadarko's debt.
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Enbridge, Crude Oil Demand Forecast: Your Daily Energy News
- ADNOC to Re-tender Dalma Project Contract, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Oceania to See $356 Million in Third-Quarter Oil & Gas Kickoffs, an Industr...
- Middle East to See $12 Billion in Third-Quarter Oil & Gas Kickoffs, an Indu...
- India's Natural Gas Production Declines, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker