You are Trying to View a Free ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Great Lakes, Rocky Mountains Lead U.S. Metals & Minerals Kickoffs in Fourth Quarter, an Industrial Info Market Brief
Industry Segment: Market Brief | Word Count: 150 Words
Attachment: 4th QTR KO
Industrial Info is tracking 113 Metals & Minerals capital projects in the U.S and Canada worth $12.13 billion that are set to begin construction in the fourth quarter. Regional market leaders are the Great Lakes ($4.4 billion) and Rocky Mountains ($2.8 billion).
A few of the larger projects of note expected to finally break ground by the end of this year are Hudbay Minerals Incorporated's (NYSE:HBM) $1.9 billion Rosemont Mine in Sahuarita, Arizona. Upon final financing, the open-pit mine will produce copper, molybdenum and silver for 19 years. Industrial Info has been tracking the project since 1996.
Nucor Corporation's (NYSE:NUE) $1.35 billion steel plate mill in Brandenburg, Kentucky, is expected to kick off by the end of the year, pending receipt of all permits and financing.
Lehigh Hanson Incorporated's $600 million cement plant modernization project in Mitchell, Indiana, is expected to start site preparation earthworks by November.
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Newmont Suspends Operations at Penasquito Gold Mine Again, an Industrial In...
- European Pharma Market to Face Changes with 4.0 Modernization Projects, an ...
- Malaysia, Vietnam Make New Trade Agreement, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Environmental Compliance Picks Up in South Korea's Pharma Sector, an Indust...
- Northern Europe Glass Manufacturing Industry Continues to Invest in Project...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker