You are Trying to View a Free ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Great Lakes, Rocky Mountains Lead U.S. Metals & Minerals Kickoffs in Fourth Quarter, an Industrial Info Market Brief
Industry Segment: Market Brief | Word Count: 150 Words
Attachment: 4th QTR KO
Industrial Info is tracking 113 Metals & Minerals capital projects in the U.S and Canada worth $12.13 billion that are set to begin construction in the fourth quarter. Regional market leaders are the Great Lakes ($4.4 billion) and Rocky Mountains ($2.8 billion).
A few of the larger projects of note expected to finally break ground by the end of this year are Hudbay Minerals Incorporated's (NYSE:HBM) $1.9 billion Rosemont Mine in Sahuarita, Arizona. Upon final financing, the open-pit mine will produce copper, molybdenum and silver for 19 years. Industrial Info has been tracking the project since 1996.
Nucor Corporation's (NYSE:NUE) $1.35 billion steel plate mill in Brandenburg, Kentucky, is expected to kick off by the end of the year, pending receipt of all permits and financing.
Lehigh Hanson Incorporated's $600 million cement plant modernization project in Mitchell, Indiana, is expected to start site preparation earthworks by November.
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Cleveland-Cliffs Restarts Some Iron and Steel Operations, Projects, an Indu...
- Poultry Meat Production in Brazil Generally Unaffected by COVID-19, an Indu...
- Iraq's Chemical Projects Await Financing, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Sinopec Jiujiang Petrochemical Postpones Maintenance Due to COVID-19, an In...
- China Expects 10 Propylene Unit Maintenance Turnarounds in Next Two Years, ...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker