You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
UPDATED LIST: Texas Wrestles with Continued Power Outages as Generators Struggle with Demand
Industry Segment: Power | Word Count: 1336 Words
SUGAR LAND--February 17, 2021--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--As of Wednesday morning, about 3.4 million Texans are without electricity as the Lone Star State continues to grapple with its worst winter storm in decades. Strong rainfall early Wednesday in southern portions of Texas, including Houston, made some of the icy conditions icier, with the National Weather Service warning that "devastating ice accumulations" could create "dangerous travel conditions, numerous power outages and extensive tree damage." Houston and Dallas are among the cities seeing their fourth consecutive day of freezing temperatures, the longest stretch since 1983.
Within this article: A list of affected power, chemical, pipeline and refining facilities.
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Xcel Energy, Sinking Oil Tanker Market: Your Daily Energy News
- Xcel's Renewed Emphasis on Renewables Puts Wind in its 'Sales'
- Central Asia to See Nearly $40 Billion in Renewable Power Projects, an Indu...
- Indonesia's PT PLN (Persero) Seeks Partners for Floating Solar Power Projec...
- Wind Power Projects Prevalent in China's Guangxi Province, an Industrial In...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker