Free Industrial NewsRegulatory Action in Australia Casts Shadow Over Major Transmission Projects
Regulatory Action in Australia Casts Shadow Over Major Transmission Projects
Industry Segment: Power | Word Count: 193 Words
The future of Transgrid and Electranet's massive Project Energy Connect transmission project is in doubt after the Australian Energy Market Commission (AEMC) formally rejected a request from network companies to allow for increased early revenues from key network upgrades.
Transgrid believes the AEMC decision not only affects its project, but that it will impact other projects in the National Electricity Market that are not financeable under the current rules, because the projects would be rated sub-investment grade and not meet the Australian Energy Regulator's own rate-of-return requirements.
Subscribe Now!(All Fields Required)
Articles related to the Power industry
- Australian Energy Regulator Approves ElectraNet's Heywood Interconnector Up...
- Transgrid Signs Major Contracts for Substation Rebuild Projects in Australi...
- Australia's Wind Prospects' Sapphire Windfarm Awaits Government Approval
- Goldwind Begins Construction on Second Windfarm in Australia
- Denham Capital to Invest $75 Million of Equity to Develop Wind Power Projec...