Premium Industrial NewsSteel Prices in U.S. Soar, Steel Dynamics to Expand Flat-Rolled Operations
Steel Prices in U.S. Soar, Steel Dynamics to Expand Flat-Rolled Operations
Industry Segment: Metals & Minerals | Word Count: 663 Words
Attachment: Steel Mill Projects by Region
SUGAR LAND--April 19, 2021--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--It's a good time to be a steelmaker in the U.S. Steel prices are soaring, and companies are having problems meeting increased demand from end users. This low supply and high demand, along with former President Donald Trump's 25% tariff on imported steel, have been boosting domestic prices. As of late February, U.S. steel prices had risen 160% since last August, according to news media. Despite some uncertainty on whether the Biden administration will maintain the Trump-era tariffs, some steel companies are expanding operations. To this end, U.S. steelmaker Steel Dynamics Incorporated (NASDAQ:STLD) (Fort Wayne, Indiana) said last week it will be expanding flat-roll operations with new coating lines in the southern U.S. and Midwest.
Other companies featured: Nucor Corporation (NYSE:NUE)
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now!(All Fields Required)
Articles related to this company
- Steel Dynamics Sees Record Second-Quarter Earnings Results
- Top U.S. Steel Producers Expect Surge in Second-Quarter Earnings Results
- Steel Dynamics Finishes Rough Year with Strong Results, Cheery Outlook for ...
- Steel Dynamics Perseveres with Capital Projects Despite Industry Slump
- Steel Companies Report Tough U.S. Market Conditions in Second Quarter