Free Industrial NewsU.S. Steel Nixes $1.5 Billion Expansion at Mon Valley Works
U.S. Steel Nixes $1.5 Billion Expansion at Mon Valley Works
Industry Segment: Metals & Minerals | Word Count: 109 Words
SUGAR LAND--May 3, 2021--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--United States Steel Corporation (NYSE:X) (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania) has cancelled a $1.5 billion expansion and modernization project at its Mon Valley Works in Pennsylvania. Chief Executive Officer David Burritt made the announcement during the company's first-quarter earnings results call on Friday.
Subscribe Now!(All Fields Required)
Articles related to the Metals & Minerals industry
- Bullish Short-Term Outlook for Global Steel Demand Drives $340 Billion in P...
- United States Steel Commits to Net-Zero Carbon Emissions by 2050
- IEA Report Identifies Critical Minerals as a Weak Spot in the Energy Transi...
- Norway's Miners Find Wealth of Critical Minerals on Ocean's Floor
- China's Coal Output Drops 0.9% Year-Over-Year in March