Premium Industrial NewsRio Tinto Turns to Copper, Aluminum, Other In-Demand Materials as Prices Climb
Rio Tinto Turns to Copper, Aluminum, Other In-Demand Materials as Prices Climb
Industry Segment: Metals & Minerals | Word Count: 850 Words
SUGAR LAND--July 29, 2021--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--Rio Tinto plc (NYSE:RIO) (London, England) stunned market watchers this week when it reported a sharp turnaround in its financial and operational health for the first six months of 2021, with higher pricing for iron ore, aluminum and copper driving record first-half profits. In North America, the company is planning or at work on several projects to further develop these resources amid soaring demand. Industrial Info is tracking more than $26 billion worth of active projects from Rio Tinto worldwide, including more than $10.4 billion worth in the U.S. and Canada.
Within this article: Details on some of the major Rio Tinto projects across North America to develop aluminum, copper and other in-demand materials.
Other companies featured: Alcoa Corporation (NYSE:AA)
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now!(All Fields Required)
Articles related to this company
- U.S. Aluminum Production Shows Promise Despite Current Downturn
- Miner Rio Tinto Reports Mixed Results for Fourth-Quarter Production
- Mining Giant Rio Tinto Reports Third-Quarter Production, Warns of Slowing E...
- Vogtle Nuclear Plant, EPIC Oil Pipeline Among Latest Big-Ticket Projects to...
- Miner Rio Tinto Expands Global Production Footprint with More than $25 Bill...