Premium Industrial NewsU.S. Battery Storage Systems Expected to Add 10,000 MW to Grid by 2023
U.S. Battery Storage Systems Expected to Add 10,000 MW to Grid by 2023
Industry Segment: Power | Word Count: 623 Words
Attachment: A, B
SUGAR LAND--August 23, 2021--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--Last week, Vistra Corporation (NYSE:VST) (Irving, Texas) announced the recent completion of its Moss Landing Energy Storage Facility expansion project in California, bringing the facility's capacity to 400 megawatts. The company said the 100-MW expansion makes Moss Landing the largest of its kind in the world. Vistra is far from alone in developing battery energy storage system (BESS) projects, which are touted as a means to store and release renewable power even when the sun isn't shining.
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now!(All Fields Required)
Articles related to this company
- NextEra Shows No Sign of Relenting on Renewables Drive
- NextEra Energy Takes Leading Role in U.S. Renewable Energy Drive
- NavigatIIR: California Bets Big on BESS Power Projects
- Join Industrial Info for a Webinar on the Outlook for Global Power Industry...
- With Strong Earnings, NextEra Energy Further Increases Renewables Backlog