Premium Industrial NewsCanadian Merger to Create New Gold Mining Giant
Canadian Merger to Create New Gold Mining Giant
Industry Segment: Metals & Minerals | Word Count: 480 Words
SUGAR LAND--October 1, 2021--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--The planned "merger of equals" between Toronto, Canada-based firms Agnico Eagle Mines Limited (NYSE:AEM) and Kirkland Lake Gold Limited Agnico Eagle Mines and Kirkland Lake Gold (NYSE: KL) would create a new global gold mining major. Subject to a vote by the companies' respective shareholders, the proposed C$13.5 billion (US$10.6 billion) deal would combine Canada's largest and second-largest gold mining firms, with a mineral reserve base of 48 million ounces of gold. Industrial Info is tracking more than US$3.5 billion worth of projects by the two companies.
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now!(All Fields Required)
Articles related to this company
- There's Still Gold in Them Thar Hills: Industrial Info Tracks $608 Million ...
- BHP Clears Massive Canadian Potash Project for Takeoff
- NavigatIIR: Global Metals Miner Glencore Plans $5 Billion Capex in 2021
- Mining Giant Rio Tinto Reports Third-Quarter Production, Warns of Slowing E...
- Miner Rio Tinto Expands Global Production Footprint with More than $25 Bill...