Premium Industrial NewsNorth America's Aluminum Makers Accelerate Recycling to Cut Carbon Output
North America's Aluminum Makers Accelerate Recycling to Cut Carbon Output
Industry Segment: Metals & Minerals | Word Count: 1037 Words
SUGAR LAND--January 11, 2022--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--With demand and prices on an upswing, North America's aluminum producers are celebrating an accomplishment that bodes well for its future in a more environmentally conscious industry: The carbon footprint for primary aluminum production has declined 49% since 1991, while the footprint for recycled aluminum production has dropped 60%, according to a report from The Aluminum Association (Arlington, Virginia). Industrial Info is tracking nearly $5.5 billion worth of aluminum-production projects in the U.S. and Canada.
Within this article: Details on some of the major primary and secondary (recycled) aluminum projects across the U.S. and Canada, including those from companies such as Norsk Hydro ASA, Matalco Incorporated, Momentum Technologies and Century Aluminum Company (NASDAQ:CENX).
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now!(All Fields Required)
Articles related to this company
- U.S. Aluminum Production Shows Promise Despite Current Downturn
- Metals & Minerals Plants Along the Eastern Seaboard Brace for Florence
- Rio Tinto Announces $7.5 Billion Investment for 50% Decarbonization by 2030
- Rio Tinto Turns to Copper, Aluminum, Other In-Demand Materials as Prices Cl...
- Halliburton Sees Demand Pick Up as Oil Consumption Revives