You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Sellafield Plans £1.5 Billion Treatment Plant
Industry Segment: Power | Word Count: 493 Words
GALWAY, IRELAND--August 21--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--Sellafield Limited (Cumbria, England) has announced a contract tender worth a potential £1.5 billion ($2.5 billion) to build a plant to handle onsite radioactive effluent. Figures regarding the value of the contract range from £250 million ($413 million) to £1.5 billion for what the tender calls the Highly Active Liquid Effluent Facility. The project is one of the largest planned for the Sellafield site, which just this week received its first consignment of spent nuclear fuel from the Sizewell A nuclear power plant in Suffolk, England, which closed in 2006.
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- CPS Energy, U.S. Rig Count: Your Daily Energy News
- AEP Prioritizes T&D Amid Push for Renewables, Wrestles with Coal's Decline
- More than 1,800 Renewable Projects Subscribe to Brazil's PPA Auctions, an I...
- Indonesia Moves on 2021 Geothermal Exploration on Mount Tampomas, an Indust...
- China's Power Output Jumps 19.5% in Early 2021, an Industrial Info Market B...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker