You are Trying to View a Free ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Mining Webinar in Review: Increased Project Numbers, but Decreased Values
Industry Segment: Metals & Minerals | Word Count: 749 Words
SUGAR LAND--September 21, 2018--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--In a recent webinar, Joe Govreau, Industrial Info's vice president of Metals & Minerals research, and Shaheen Chohan, vice president of analytics, discussed the outlook for spending in the global mining industry. While the number of mining projects throughout the world is rising, the overall total investment value is declining, thanks to a larger number of in-plant and brownfield projects. Total project value for under-construction projects has moved from about $179 billion in August 2017 to $164 billion in September 2018.
Within this article: Highlights of the webinar
Companies featured: Barrick Gold Corporation (NYSE:ABX), NovaGold Resources Incorporated (NYSE:NG)
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Industrial Info's 2019 Outlook Chronicles the Winds of Change
- Spending Index Shows Impact of Chemical Mega Projects
- National Steel City Appoints Industry Veteran Ryan G. Miner, Vice President...
- Great Lakes Region to See $2.5 Billion in First-Quarter Metals & Minerals P...
- North American Trade Pact Draws Praise, but Tariff Concerns Persist
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker