You are Trying to View a Free ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Mining Webinar in Review: Increased Project Numbers, but Decreased Values
Industry Segment: Metals & Minerals | Word Count: 749 Words
SUGAR LAND--September 21, 2018--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--In a recent webinar, Joe Govreau, Industrial Info's vice president of Metals & Minerals research, and Shaheen Chohan, vice president of analytics, discussed the outlook for spending in the global mining industry. While the number of mining projects throughout the world is rising, the overall total investment value is declining, thanks to a larger number of in-plant and brownfield projects. Total project value for under-construction projects has moved from about $179 billion in August 2017 to $164 billion in September 2018.
Within this article: Highlights of the webinar
Companies featured: Barrick Gold Corporation (NYSE:ABX), NovaGold Resources Incorporated (NYSE:NG)
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- U.S. Steel Industry is All Smiles with Strong Profits, $3.7 Billion in Four...
- Industrial Info's North American Project Spending Index Rises 16.35% in Aug...
- New Industrial Info PECWeb Enhancement Improves Access to Disaster Impact T...
- EIA Forecasts U.S. Coal Exports to Rise 10% in 2018
- Typhoon Trami Looms Over Japan, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker