You are Trying to View a Free ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
MIT Wins Lab of the Year Award, an Industrial Info Market Brief
Industry Segment: Market Brief | Word Count: 155 Words
Attachment: Public Laboratory Projects
MIT took the top honor of having built 2019 Lab of the Year at this year's 18th annual Lab Design Conference (April 29-May 1, 2019 - Orlando, Florida). First reported by Industrial Info in 2014, construction of the $350 million building was completed last year, with the project team including Wilson Architects and Turner Construction. The building's most notable feature is the cleanroom complex, which spans two levels and includes both Class 100 and Class 1,000 cleanrooms.
The project is expected to achieve LEED Platinum status, the first of its kind in regard to cleanrooms. Projects of this size are not rare in this sector, with schools vying for offering the best and the brightest, as well as attracting big pharma-bio companies. Industrial Info is currently reporting on 441 public laboratory projects across the globe, with a total potential investment value of $45 billion. Click here for a list of projects.
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Coal Remains Strong in Eastern Europe, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Baked, Frozen Foods Lead U.S., Canadian Food & Beverage Activity, an Indust...
- Global Oil & Gas Drill Bits Market to See 6.8% Growth Rate, an Industrial I...
- Middle East Has Strong Plastic Products Sector, an Industrial Info Market B...
- Chinese Cement Maker Invests in Indonesia, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker