You are Trying to View a Free ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Southern Copper Awarded Construction Permit for Peru's Tia Maria Mine, an Industrial Info Market Brief
Industry Segment: Market Brief | Word Count: 81 Words
Southern Copper Corporation, a subsidiary of Grupo Mexico SAB, has received approval to begin construction of the Tia Maria Copper Project by the government of Peru. The $1.4 billion project, which has been in the works since 2007, has been delayed by an extensive environmental permitting process and local opposition. Southern Copper is developing more than $8 billion worth of projects in Latin America. The company has agreed not to commence construction until it gets approval from local communities.
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Polyethylene, Ethylene Glycol Project Kicks Off in China, an Industrial Inf...
- Iran Leads Central Asia in Chemical Investment, an Industrial Info Market B...
- Kuwait Sees $6 Billion in Oil & Gas Projects Under Construction, an Industr...
- Indonesia Orders Foreign Miners to Divest, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Malaysia's Cement Sector Remains Depressed, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker