You are Trying to View a Free ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Merck Earmarks $1.68 billion, Adds 525 Jobs in U.S. to Increase HPV Vaccine Production, an Industrial Info Market Brief
Industry Segment: Market Brief | Word Count: 115 Words
HPV stands for human papillomavirus and is the most common sexually transmitted infection. HPV is usually harmless and goes away by itself, but some types can lead to cancer and genital warts. Merck is seeing very strong demand for the Gardasil 9 vaccine, used to combat the virus, in the United States, China and Europe.
Of the $1.68 billion, Merck has allocated $1 billion in capital spending for the Gardasil production facility in Elkton, Virginia; $650 million for the Durham, North Carolina site; and $30 million for Merck's Packaging Center of Excellence in Wilson, North Carolina.
Industrial Info's Pharma/Bio Group is reporting these capital projects with timelines, key contacts and equipment/subcontractor needs.
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Solar Power Investment Grows in Middle East, an Industrial Info Market Brie...
- Germany to See $226 in Petrochemical Maintenance Through 2021, an Industria...
- Mining Sector Remains Strong in Sweden, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- South Asia to See $466 Million in Inorganic Chemical Projects in 2020, an I...
- China's Coal Output Up 4.2% in 2019, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker