You are Trying to View a Free ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Silicon Valley Data Center Space Still a Vital Commodity, an Industrial Info Market Brief
Industry Segment: Market Brief | Word Count: 220 Words
The area of northern California that lies south of San Francisco, between Palo Alto and San Jose in the Santa Clara Valley, more commonly known as Silicon Valley, has been a prime center for the technology industry in the U.S. since the emergence of the Internet in the 1990s and the subsequent dot-com boom. Many companies have their headquarters or major facilities in the area and will continue to operate here for years to come.
These companies will require expandingdata infrastructures, as the growth in technology continues. This will spur continued expansion of the data center facilities in the region, even with the high expenses due to real estate acquisition, power delivery and the risk of earthquakes that are not as much of a challenge in neighboring states such as Nevada and Arizona.
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Solar Power Investment Grows in Middle East, an Industrial Info Market Brie...
- Germany to See $226 in Petrochemical Maintenance Through 2021, an Industria...
- Mining Sector Remains Strong in Sweden, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- South Asia to See $466 Million in Inorganic Chemical Projects in 2020, an I...
- China's Coal Output Up 4.2% in 2019, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker