You are Trying to View a Free ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Indian Government Mulls Capital Subsidy to Boost Medical Device Manufacturing, an Industrial Info Market Brief
Industry Segment: Market Brief | Word Count: 168 Words
Attachment: India Pharma Project
In a bid to promote the country's domestic medical devices industry, the government of India is considering an incentive package that would provide capital subsidy of up to 25% to the medical device manufacturers. Such benefits, which are currently offered to the electronics industry in the country, have helped boost local production of mobile phones, in the recent years.
Initially, the subsidy would be limited to only the manufacturing of diagnostic devices, but later it would be extended to all medical devices including pacemakers, implants, ventilators, dialysis machines, among others. The plan is aimed at making India a manufacturing hub for medical devices of international standards that caters to the domestic and overseas markets. India's medical devices market is the fourth largest in Asia -- after Japan, China and South Korea.
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Latin America to See $24.4 Billion in Industrial Manufacturing Projects Rea...
- Latin America to See 40 Grassroot Automotive Projects, an Industrial Info M...
- Carbon Black Projects in South Asia Totaling $171 Million to Kick Off in th...
- Thailand Proposes a New Chemical Law, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Ukraine's DTEK Energy Boosts Coal-Mining Investment, an Industrial Info Mar...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker