You are Trying to View a Free ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Philippines Set to Increase Nickel Production, an Industrial Info Market Brief
Industry Segment: Market Brief | Word Count: 103 Words
Attachment: Philippine Nickel 01102020
The Philippines' mining industry is starting 2020 with several nickel projects as the country anticipates Indonesia, the world's largest nickel ore supplier, to implement its ban on ore export this year.
The Philippines, the second-largest producer of nickel ore, expects nickel ore production to rise 25% this year, according to government data, to ease the approaching shortfall in supply. The Philippine government's anticipated lifting of last year's moratorium on new mining projects also will contribute to the growth and allow the country's mining industry to advance forward. See graph below for nickel project spending in the country by authorization-for-expenditure date.
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Renewables Gain in U.K.'s Energy Mix, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Africa to Invest More than $1 Billion in Industrial Chemical Expansions, an...
- Distribution and Warehousing Sector Leads Europe's Industrial Manufacturing...
- South Africa's Industrial Manufacturing Sector Grows Significantly, an Indu...
- Growth Expected in Non-Alcoholic Beverage Market in India, an Industrial In...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker