You are Trying to View a Free ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Volcano Threatens Philippines, an Industrial Info Market Brief
Industry Segment: Market Brief | Word Count: 177 Words
The Taal Volcano in the Philippines has sent a massive column of ash into the air, disrupting businesses and air travel. Located about 37 miles south of Manila on the island of Luzon, Taal is listed as the world's smallest active volcano.
The government has suspended all school classes and government offices in the area, and PHIVOLCS, the nation's seismological agency, warned that a "hazardous explosive eruption is possible within hours to days." The Calaca Steel Works, SteelAsia Manufacturing Corporation's biggest steel mill in the country, was shuttered due to volcanic tremors and ash fall, while parts of Laguna Province have been impacted by power line disruptions.
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Renewables Gain in U.K.'s Energy Mix, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Africa to Invest More than $1 Billion in Industrial Chemical Expansions, an...
- Distribution and Warehousing Sector Leads Europe's Industrial Manufacturing...
- South Africa's Industrial Manufacturing Sector Grows Significantly, an Indu...
- Growth Expected in Non-Alcoholic Beverage Market in India, an Industrial In...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker