You are Trying to View a Free ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Cadila to Test Investigational Chronic Kidney Disease Drug on COVID-19 Patients in India, an Industrial Info Market Brief
Industry Segment: Pharmaceutical & Biotech | Word Count: 128 Words
Indian pharma-major Cadila Healthcare Limited has received approval from the Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI) to initiate a clinical trial of Desidustat tablets as a potential COVID-19 treatment.
Desidustat is a prolyl hydroxylase inhibitor, a class of drugs known for increasing hemoglobin levels. COVID-19 patients often show signs of hypoxia due to fall in hemoglobin that can carry oxygen and carbon dioxide, leading to intense poisoning and inflammation in lung cells. Desidustat can help reduce fatalities by stabilizing hypoxia-inducible factor and improved oxygen delivery to tissues. The drug is currently being studied for treating patients with chronic kidney disease.
Cadila will carry out a multi-centre, open-label, randomized, comparator-controlled Phase III trial to assess the safety and efficacy of Desidustat for management of COVID-19.
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Tropical Storm Laura Puts More Plants in Jeopardy, an Industrial Info Weath...
- COVID-19 Generates $3.4 Billion in Pharma-Bio Industry Capital Projects, an...
- Bharat Biotech Tries Intradermal Route for COVID-19 Vaccine, an Industrial ...
- Latin America's Pharma-Bio Industry Sees Favorable Project Activity Through...
- Europe Backs Largest COVID-19 Consortium to Speed Vaccine Creation
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker