You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Chevron Guts Capital Spending as it Faces Low-Price, Low-Demand Reality
Industry Segment: Production | Word Count: 866 Words
SUGAR LAND--November 6, 2020--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--Chevron Corporation (NYSE:CVX) (San Ramon, California) has fared better than most oil and gas giants during the COVID-19 pandemic. The company managed to enjoy an operating profit from its production and refining operations in third-quarter 2020, despite a net loss of $207 million--which was a sight better than its $8.27 billion lost in the second quarter. Although the company acknowledges production is likely to stay relatively low for a while, it is seeing some improvement in its project executions. Industrial Info is tracking more than $51 billion in active Chevron projects worldwide, including nearly $13 billion worth in the U.S. and Canada that are under construction or set to begin construction before the end of first-quarter 2021.
Within this article: Details on some of Chevron's highest-valued projects to see recent movement, including a major drilling project in the Gulf of Mexico, two large chemical complexes on the Texas Gulf Coast and an oil terminal in Wyoming.
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- U.S. Rig Count, Crude Inventories: Your Daily Energy News
- Report Lays Out Two Different Energy Scenarios for Canada
- Conference: ESG is Sensible Risk Management, and Gas Companies Have a Good ...
- Norway To Fund World's Largest Carbon Capture Project
- ADNOC Delays Major Offshore Hail and Ghasha Projects, an Industrial Info Ma...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker