You are Trying to View a Free ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Johnson & Johnson Takes Over Manufacturing at Emergent Bio Plant in Baltimore
Industry Segment: Pharmaceutical & Biotech | Word Count: 117 Words
SUGAR LAND--April 6, 2021--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--After approximately 15 million doses of Johnson & Johnson's (J&J) COVID-19 vaccine had to be scrapped after a mix-up at Emergent Bio's CMO plant in Baltimore, Maryland, the pharma giant has completely taken over operation oversite at the beleaguered plant. J&J wants to emphasize the safety and viability of its "one-shot" COVID-19 vaccine.
The Emergent plant also is manufacturing AstraZeneca's COVID-19 vaccine, which has yet to be approved in the U.S. Already dealing with negative news reports regarding dangerous side effects of its product, the company has announced it will seek another company to take over the manufacturing from Emergent.
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- U.S., Canadian Life Science Project Kickoffs to Remain Strong Through Secon...
- J&J Taps Merck Plant in Durham, North Carolina, for COVID-19 Vaccine Produc...
- Russia Taps Italy to Manufacture Sputnik V COVID-19 Vaccine
- Europe Approves Single-Dose COVID-19 Vaccine
- WuXi Biologics to Acquire Pfizer's Pharma Plant in Hangzhou, China, an Indu...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker