You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
European Wind Potential 20 Times Greater than Demand
Industry Segment: Power | Word Count: 569 Words
GALWAY, IRELAND--June 18, 2009--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--The wind potential for Europe could be 20 times greater than energy demand in 2020, according to the latest report from the European Environmental Agency. The report, "Europe's Onshore and Offshore Wind Energy Potential -- An Assessment of Environmental and Economic Constraints," concludes that the wind power generation potential is far greater than previously thought. Despite the environmental and social constraints on wind sector development, like noise, visual impact and danger to wildlife, wind could easily play a much bigger role in achieving the European renewable energy targets of 20% of power generation from renewable sources by 2020.
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Texas to See $17.6 Billion in First-Quarter 2019 Industrial Project Starts
- Natural Gas-Fired Electricity Expected to Dominate U.S. Supply for Some Tim...
- Husky Energy, ENGIE, Xcel Energy: Your Daily Energy News
- As Renewable Energy Costs Fall, Businesses Sign More Deals
- World's Largest Nuclear Power Plant Put into Commercial Operation in South ...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker