You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
European Wind Potential 20 Times Greater than Demand
Industry Segment: Power | Word Count: 569 Words
GALWAY, IRELAND--June 18, 2009--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--The wind potential for Europe could be 20 times greater than energy demand in 2020, according to the latest report from the European Environmental Agency. The report, "Europe's Onshore and Offshore Wind Energy Potential -- An Assessment of Environmental and Economic Constraints," concludes that the wind power generation potential is far greater than previously thought. Despite the environmental and social constraints on wind sector development, like noise, visual impact and danger to wildlife, wind could easily play a much bigger role in achieving the European renewable energy targets of 20% of power generation from renewable sources by 2020.
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- ProEnergy Awarded EPC Project by Public Service Company of New Mexico
- Ohio Enacts Law Subsidizing Nuclear, Coal and Solar Plants
- Heatwave Forces Nuclear Power Shutdown in France, an Industrial Info Market...
- China's Investment in Power Generation up 3.3% in First-Half 2019, an Indus...
- China's Power Consumption Up 5.5% Year Over Year in June, an Industrial Inf...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker