You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Carbon Capture Starts at Welsh Coal-Fired Plant
Industry Segment: Power | Word Count: 514 Words
GALWAY, IRELAND--January 22, 2013 --Written by Martin Lynch, European News Editor for Industrial Info (Galway, Ireland) The first coal-fired power plant in Wales fitted with carbon capture and storage technology (CCS) has captured its first ton of CO2.
The U.K. arm of German energy major, RWE AG (OTC:RWEOY) (Essen, Germany), announced that the 1-ton target has been achieved at its carbon capture pilot plant, located at the Aberthaw Power Station in south Wales.
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Energy Transfer Partners, Enbridge, Spectra Energy: Your Daily Energy News
- Nuclear Generation Rises for Fifth Year Running
- Equinor, Genesis Energy, Magnolia Oil & Gas: Your Daily Energy News
- Canada at Work on $1.3 Billion in Maintenance-Related Projects through End ...
- Tropical Storm Gordon Moves Quickly Across Gulf of Mexico, an Industrial In...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker