You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Carbon Capture Starts at Welsh Coal-Fired Plant
Industry Segment: Power | Word Count: 514 Words
GALWAY, IRELAND--January 22, 2013 --Written by Martin Lynch, European News Editor for Industrial Info (Galway, Ireland) The first coal-fired power plant in Wales fitted with carbon capture and storage technology (CCS) has captured its first ton of CO2.
The U.K. arm of German energy major, RWE AG (OTC:RWEOY) (Essen, Germany), announced that the 1-ton target has been achieved at its carbon capture pilot plant, located at the Aberthaw Power Station in south Wales.
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Edison International Builds Out Billions of Dollars in Transmission Project...
- Sun Shines on Europe's Largest Solar Power Project
- Indonesia's PT Geo Dipa Begins Construction of 10-MW Geothermal Power Plant...
- Philippines President Orders Augmentation of Renewable Energy Portfolio, an...
- MERALCO's Emergency Capex Awaits Regulatory Approval, an Industrial Info Ma...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker