You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Cheap Gas Fuels More Plant Conversions
Industry Segment: Power | Word Count: 918 Words
GALWAY, IRELAND--May 17, 2013 --Written by Martin Lynch, European News Editor for Industrial Info (Galway, Ireland) There is a growing trend among power, industrial and manufacturing plants towards converting from coal and fuel-oil to cleaner and more efficient energy sources, such natural gas and biomass sources.
This is particularly notable in the U.S. where the shale gas boom has led to abundant supplies of cheaper natural gas becoming the new fuel of choice at many of the nation's coal-fired power plants.
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- U.S. Southwest Region to See $6.9 Billion in Power Project Kickoffs, Comple...
- Rocky Mountains Region to See $6.1 Billion in Fourth-Quarter 2018 Power Kic...
- U.S. Solar Slowing, But Not Swooning From Trump Tariffs
- New Industrial Info PECWeb Enhancement Improves Access to Disaster Impact T...
- Duke Energy, U.S. Crude Exports, Marathon, Andeavor: Your Daily Energy New...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker