You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Decision Date Nears for Kemper County IGCC Plant
Industry Segment: Power | Word Count: 709 Words
SUGAR LAND--December 4, 2017--Written by John Egan for Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--The long-running controversy over the $7.5 billion Kemper County integrated gasification combined cycle (IGCC) power plant in Mississippi could be reaching a conclusion. In late November, the plant's owner, Mississippi Power Company (Gulfport, Mississippi), a unit of the Southern Company (NYSE:SO) (Atlanta, Georgia), in conjunction with its largest industrial customer, filed a proposed settlement with Mississippi utility regulators. The Mississippi Public Service Commission (MPSC) (Jackson, Mississippi) is scheduled to begin a hearing on the case today, December 4, and a decision is expected in January.
Within this article: Details of proposed legal settlement regarding the Kemper County power plant project. Additional companies: Chevron Corporation (NYSE:CHV), the Chemours Company (NYSE:CC)
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Jacobs, Bechtel and Other Top EPC Firms Rack Up Billions Worth of Awards fr...
- North American Industrial Project Spending Index Rises 12.31% for September
- Dominion, Earthstone Energy, Oncor: Your Daily Energy News
- Maximize Your Opportunities With Industrial Info's Key Account Locator
- EIA: PJM Interconnection Has Largest Natural Gas Capacity Increase in U.S. ...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker