You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Higher Oil Prices Give Boost to Suncor Net Earnings
Industry Segment: Metals & Minerals | Word Count: 689 Words
SUGAR LAND--February 9, 2018--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--Suncor Energy Incorporated (NYSE:SU) (Calgary, Alberta) reported a much-improved fourth-quarter and full-year 2017 for earnings. Net earnings in the just-passed quarter were C$1.38 billion ($1.1 billion), compared with C$531 million ($421.9 million) in fourth-quarter 2016. Full year net earnings were C$4.46 billion ($3.54 billion), compared with C$445 million ($353 million) for 2016. The company cited improved crude oil pricing, lower operating and exploration costs, and refinery utilization of 94% as reasons for the uptick in earnings. Industrial Info is tracking $33.9 billion in active Suncor projects.
Within this article: Details of major Suncor projects
Other companies featured: Exxon Mobil Corporation (NYSE:XOM)
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Kinder Morgan, Williams Companies, Shell: Your Daily Energy News
- Freeport-McMoRan Presses on with Big Projects
- Steel Dynamics' Second-Quarter Profit Doubles, Expects $150 Million Capex i...
- Metals & Minerals Firms Construct $13.24 Billion in U.S., an Industrial Inf...
- Duterte Warns Mining Industry in The Philippines: No Open Pit, an Industria...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker