You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Higher Oil Prices Give Boost to Suncor Net Earnings
Industry Segment: Metals & Minerals | Word Count: 689 Words
SUGAR LAND--February 9, 2018--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--Suncor Energy Incorporated (NYSE:SU) (Calgary, Alberta) reported a much-improved fourth-quarter and full-year 2017 for earnings. Net earnings in the just-passed quarter were C$1.38 billion ($1.1 billion), compared with C$531 million ($421.9 million) in fourth-quarter 2016. Full year net earnings were C$4.46 billion ($3.54 billion), compared with C$445 million ($353 million) for 2016. The company cited improved crude oil pricing, lower operating and exploration costs, and refinery utilization of 94% as reasons for the uptick in earnings. Industrial Info is tracking $33.9 billion in active Suncor projects.
Within this article: Details of major Suncor projects
Other companies featured: Exxon Mobil Corporation (NYSE:XOM)
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- North American Industrial Project Spending Index Rises 12.31% for September
- Cleveland-Cliffs Sees Progress on Toledo Hot Briquetted Iron Plant Project
- Enbridge, Ameren, Arch Coal: Your Daily Energy News
- Steel Dynamics, Nucor Celebrate Third-Quarter Results, Further Capital Inve...
- Maximize Your Opportunities With Industrial Info's Key Account Locator
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker