You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Caterpillar Earnings Surge on Mining, Power, Energy Demand
Industry Segment: Metals & Minerals | Word Count: 613 Words
Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--First-quarter 2018 results by heavy machinery manufacturer Caterpillar Incorporated (NYSE:CAT) (Peoria, Illinois) reflect a strong rebound in the mining, energy and power industries. Caterpillar, which is often seen as a bellwether for growth in those industries, reported $12.9 billion in first-quarter sales, a 31% increase from first-quarter 2017. The company's operating profit rose to $2.1 billion in the just-ended quarter, up from $400 million a year earlier.
Within this article: Caterpillar's strong first-quarter earnings are seen as a good sign for the power, mining and energy industries. Additional companies: Sempra Energy's (NYSE:SRE), BHP Billiton plc (NYSE:BHP)
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Oklahoma! Where Nearly $11 Billion in Projects Are Sweeping Down the Plain
- Nevada Cashes in with $1.3 Billion in Project Kickoffs in Second Quarter
- Industrial Info Launches 2018 North American Construction Skilled Labor Sur...
- U.S. Coal Exports Skyrocket 61% in 2017
- U.S. Aluminum Group Urges Trump to Keep Import Tariffs Broad-Based
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker