You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Caterpillar Earnings Surge on Mining, Power, Energy Demand
Industry Segment: Metals & Minerals | Word Count: 613 Words
Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--First-quarter 2018 results by heavy machinery manufacturer Caterpillar Incorporated (NYSE:CAT) (Peoria, Illinois) reflect a strong rebound in the mining, energy and power industries. Caterpillar, which is often seen as a bellwether for growth in those industries, reported $12.9 billion in first-quarter sales, a 31% increase from first-quarter 2017. The company's operating profit rose to $2.1 billion in the just-ended quarter, up from $400 million a year earlier.
Within this article: Caterpillar's strong first-quarter earnings are seen as a good sign for the power, mining and energy industries. Additional companies: Sempra Energy's (NYSE:SRE), BHP Billiton plc (NYSE:BHP)
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Baytown, Texas, Sees $1.7 Billion in Active Industrial Projects
- WorleyParsons' $140 Billion in Global Projects Hew to Exploration, Ethylene
- U.S. Steel Mills Double Project Activity; Plan $19.4 Billion, an Industrial...
- ConocoPhillips, Strategic Petroleum Reserve, U.S. Coal Stockpiles: Your Da...
- Canada at Work on $1.3 Billion in Maintenance-Related Projects through End ...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker