You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Availability and Price of Cobalt and Lithium Unlikely to Pose Problems for Electric Vehicle Deployments
Industry Segment: Metals & Minerals | Word Count: 850 Words
Attachment: Reserves and Production of Lithium and Cobalt
SUGAR LAND--July 9, 2018--Written by John Egan for Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--Sharply rising demand for electric vehicles has, over the last two years, pushed up demand and prices for cobalt and lithium, critical elements of electric vehicle (EV) batteries. Predictions about strong future growth of EVs have caused some to worry whether the future supply and price of these two minerals could become a limiting factor in future EV deployments. Recent research from BP plc (NYSE:BP) (London, England) and McKinsey & Company (New York, New York) suggest these concerns are overblown.
Within this article: Details of some of the challenges faced in the cobalt and lithium markets
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Baytown, Texas, Sees $1.7 Billion in Active Industrial Projects
- Join Industrial Info for a Webinar on the Global Mining Spending Outlook
- Canada at Work on $1.3 Billion in Maintenance-Related Projects through End ...
- EU Steel Sector Robust but Threatened by U.S. Trade War
- Industrial Info Tracks Impact of Japan Earthquake, an Industrial Info Marke...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker