You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Unfazed by Hurricanes, Duke Proceeds with Capital Program
Industry Segment: Power | Word Count: 759 Words
Attachment: Active Duke Energy Projects
SUGAR LAND--November 5, 2018--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--Despite enduring Hurricane Florence, which led to more than 1.8 million power outages in North Carolina and South Carolina, Duke Energy Corporation (NYSE:DUK) (Charlotte, North Carolina) reported strong results for the third quarter. The company posted third-quarter 2018 net profit of $1.08 billion, compared with $954 million in the prior-year quarter. Hurricane Florence was followed in the fourth quarter by Hurricane Michael, which made landfall in Florida. The hurricanes do not appear to have slowed the progression of Duke's capital projects. Industrial Info is tracking $10.7 billion of active Duke Energy projects.
Within this article: updates on key Duke Energy projects
Other companies featured: McDermott International Incorporated (NYSE:MDR), Fluor Corporation (NYSE:FLR)
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- BP Sees Bright Future for Natural Gas, Driven by Growing LNG Trade
- Wind, Natural Gas Lead Alliant Energy's $3.6 Billion in Projects
- Enel plans to Double Wind and Solar Installed Base in the Americas by 2021,...
- China Launches Action Plan to Improve Utilization of Renewable, Nuclear Ene...
- Nuclear Power Development Underway in Finland, an Industrial Info Market Br...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker