You are Trying to View a Free ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
China to Maintain 40 GW of New PV Power in 2019, an Industrial Info Market Brief
Industry Segment: Power | Word Count: 117 Words
Despite of its curtailment of new photovoltaic (PV) power projects as announced on May 31, China's installation of PV power could reach 41 gigawatts (GW) in 2018, accounting for over one-third of the world total (110 GW). Driven by new technologies and large-scale applications, the cost of PV generation is close to, or even lower than, the cost of conventional energy in more regions worldwide.
It is expected that China will maintain new PV installation at about 40 GW in 2019, including 20 GW from ground-centralized power plants, and over 15 GW from distributive power plants. Industrial Info tracks more than 5,000 active power projects with a total investment value of more than $1 trillion in China.
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- U.S. Natural Gas Market to Continue Growth in 2019, Upping Need for Power P...
- As Renewable Energy Costs Fall, Businesses Sign More Deals
- Natural Gas, Renewables Likely to Continue Growth as U.S. Energy Sources, a...
- Latin America Sees $110 Billion in Planned Power Sector Projects for 2019, ...
- Colombia Calls for First Long-Term Energy Auction, an Industrial Info Marke...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker