You are Trying to View a Free ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Takeda Completes $62 Billion Shire Acquisition, an Industrial Info Market Brief
Industry Segment: Pharmaceutical & Biotech | Word Count: 70 Words
In what is described as the largest foreign takeover by a Japanese company, drug maker Takeda's $62 billion purchase of Shire Plc is now complete. The two companies generate a combined $30 billion annual revenue. Under the deal, Takeda acquired Shire's recently opened $1 billion immunoglobulin plasma fractionation plant in Covington, Georgia. The company is the site's fourth owner, having changed hands three other times since construction began in 2013.
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- North American Project Spending Index Up 2.84% in January
- In-Plant Expansions Dominate $13.8 billion 1Q19 Pharma-Bio Project Starts, ...
- Pfizer Gets European Commission Approval for Zirabev, an Industrial Info Ma...
- Cosmetics Sector Booms in Europe, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Surgical Instruments Market Soars in Europe, an Industrial Info Market Brie...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker