You are Trying to View a Free ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Takeda Completes $62 Billion Shire Acquisition, an Industrial Info Market Brief
Industry Segment: Pharmaceutical & Biotech | Word Count: 70 Words
In what is described as the largest foreign takeover by a Japanese company, drug maker Takeda's $62 billion purchase of Shire Plc is now complete. The two companies generate a combined $30 billion annual revenue. Under the deal, Takeda acquired Shire's recently opened $1 billion immunoglobulin plasma fractionation plant in Covington, Georgia. The company is the site's fourth owner, having changed hands three other times since construction began in 2013.
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Industrial Info's Project Database Grows by More Than 100,000 Active Projec...
- Novartis Snaps Up Xiidra Eye Drops in $5.3 Billion Deal
- Pharma Firm Boehringer Ingelheim Plans to Expand in Mexico, an Industrial I...
- Polish Pharma Projects Persist, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- MIT Wins Lab of the Year Award, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker