You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
GM to Build Out SUV, Electric Car Plants as it Seeks to Turn Corner in 2019
Industry Segment: Industrial Manufacturing | Word Count: 612 Words
Attachment: GM 4Q18
SUGAR LAND--February 14, 2019--Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--Three months after it announced dramatic job cuts as some of its long-standing facilities General Motors Corporation (NYSE:GM) (Detroit, Michigan) is adopting a positive stance toward 2019 as it vowed to expand production of its most in-demand products, particularly sport utility vehicles (SUVs), and is pressing forward with developments of electric vehicles (EVs) and autonomous (self-driving) cars. Industrial Info is tracking $4 billion in active projects from GM, including new and expanding facilities that will build or supply SUVs, EVs and self-driving cars.
Within this article: Details on some of the most anticipated projects from GM, including expansions at SUV-related facilities in Texas, Michigan and Tennessee, and another plant related to EVs and self-driving cars.
Other companies featured: Honda Motor Company (NYSE:HMC)
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Compass Datacenters Expanding, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- South Africa to Revitalize Economy, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Indonesia Encourages Domestic Electronics Manufacturing, an Industrial Info...
- Auto Makers Welcome EU-Mercosur Trade Deal, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Russia to See $4 Billion in Industrial Manufacturing Project Starts in 2020...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker