You are Trying to View a Premium ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Nevada Utility Warms to Solar Power, Closes Door on Coal
Industry Segment: Power | Word Count: 890 Words
SUGAR LAND, TEXAS--March 19, 2019--Written by John Egan for Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas)--Nevada utility regulators in late December green-lighted six solar power projects totaling 1,001 megawatts (MW) and representing more than $2 billion in total investment value (TIV). Electricity from the facilities will be sold to NV Energy Incorporated (Las Vegas, Nevada) under long-term power purchase agreements (PPAs). These projects include a total of 100 MW of battery energy storage.
Within this article: Solar power development in Nevada. Other companies featured: Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE:BRK.A), Consolidated Edison Incorporated (NYSE:ED), NextEra Energy Incorporated (NYSE:NEE)
This Premium Article can be purchased individually or as part of a subscription
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Kiewit at Work on $64 Billion in Projects, Makes Progress on U.S. LNG Termi...
- Some Non-powered U.S. Dams Being Converted to Hydropower Facilities
- NavigatIIR: Wind, Hydro Lead World in More Than $6 Trillion in Active Powe...
- China's Power Consumption up 5.8% Year Over Year in April, an Industrial In...
- Paraguay Hosts More than $850 Million in Planned Transmission & Distributio...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker