You are Trying to View a Free ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
BMS to Buy Celgene in Deal Worth $74 Billion, an Industrial Info Market Brief
Industry Segment: Pharmaceutical & Biotech | Word Count: 83 Words
Pharma-bio giants Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (NYSE:BMY) (BMS) and Celgene Corporation (NASDAQ:CELG) have announced that they have entered into a definitive merger agreement in which Bristol-Myers Squibb will acquire Celgene in a cash and stock transaction with an equity value of about $74 billion.
Benefits of the merger range from highly complementary portfolios, with leading franchises in oncology, immunology and inflammation and cardiovascular disease, to about $2.5 billion of expected run-rate cost synergies to be achieved by 2022, according to the companies.
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- North American Project Spending Index Up 11.05% in February
- Thermo Fisher to Acquire Brammer Bio, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Where in the World is Big Pharma Investing? An Industrial Info Market Brief
- Pfizer Spending $12 Million in Latin America, an Industrial Info Market Bri...
- Pharma, Research Sectors Warn U.K. of 'Catastrophic' No-Deal Brexit
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker