You are Trying to View a Free ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
BMS to Buy Celgene in Deal Worth $74 Billion, an Industrial Info Market Brief
Industry Segment: Pharmaceutical & Biotech | Word Count: 83 Words
Pharma-bio giants Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (NYSE:BMY) (BMS) and Celgene Corporation (NASDAQ:CELG) have announced that they have entered into a definitive merger agreement in which Bristol-Myers Squibb will acquire Celgene in a cash and stock transaction with an equity value of about $74 billion.
Benefits of the merger range from highly complementary portfolios, with leading franchises in oncology, immunology and inflammation and cardiovascular disease, to about $2.5 billion of expected run-rate cost synergies to be achieved by 2022, according to the companies.
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Join Industrial Info for Our Global Industrial Predictive Analytics Using M...
- Biosimilar vs. Generic Pharmaceuticals, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Thanks to Brexit, EMA Exits London for Amsterdam in March, an Industrial In...
- Alembic Pharma's Portfolio to Boom in 2019, an Industrial Info News Alert
- Investment in Medical Cannabis Increases in Portugal, an Industrial Info Ma...
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker