You are Trying to View a Free ArticleDaily News You Can't Find Anywhere Else
Chile's Chuquicamata Mine Hit by Strike, an Industrial Info Market Brief
Industry Segment: Market Brief | Word Count: 69 Words
Chilean state-owned mining company Codelco reported its Chuquicamata copper mine was running at 50% capacity on Monday after a labor union strike that began on Friday resulted in some 3,000 employees walking off the site. Chuquicamata is one of the world's largest copper mines and is in the midst of a greater than $4 billion project to convert the mine from above ground to underground mining.
Subscribe Now! All Fields Required...
- Polyethylene, Ethylene Glycol Project Kicks Off in China, an Industrial Inf...
- Iran Leads Central Asia in Chemical Investment, an Industrial Info Market B...
- Kuwait Sees $6 Billion in Oil & Gas Projects Under Construction, an Industr...
- Indonesia Orders Foreign Miners to Divest, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Malaysia's Cement Sector Remains Depressed, an Industrial Info Market Brief
- Current Economic Indicators
- Free Daily Industrial Articles
- Monthly Industrial Newsletter
- IIR's Disaster Impact Tracker